February 15, 2019
Number Of Awards
475 Riverside Drive
New York, NY 10115
The Ronald G. Pogorzelski and Lester D. Yankee Memorial Scholarships are intended to support the education of talented young organists who will make significant contributions to the fields of organ playing and organ studies. Applicants are expected to have existing talent and achievements in the field of organ playing and an expressed commitment post-graduation to teaching, performing, or other serious endeavor with respect to the organ.
The Pogorzelski-Yankee Memorial Scholarships are presently awarded for a period of up to four years for undergraduate awardees ($7,500 annually) and up to two years for graduate school awardees ($15,000 annually). A total of $60,000 is awarded each academic year. Each award is renewable if requirements are met.
- Must plan to be an entering college freshman or an entering first-year graduate student
- Have a desire to commit a significant portion of the two years following graduation to teaching, performing, or other serious endeavor with respect to the organ
- Must attend, or plan to attend, a nationally or regionally accredited post-secondary institution (college, university, or conservatory); by the time awards are made students must provide verification of acceptance to the institution
- Must attend their institution as full-time students
- Must have verifiable financial need to be awarded this scholarship
- Membership in the AGO is not required
- Applicants may not be the children or grandchildren of American Guild of Organists' staff members, board members, or scholarship committee members. Applicants may not be related to Ronald G. Pogorzelski or Lester D. Yankee
For more information or to apply, please visit the scholarship provider's website.
See if you qualify for this award
Learn more about this scholarship and many more.